Friday, September 08, 2006

The Wee Hours

It's 4:02am. Good night...

Why is "good morning" always a greeting and "good night" always a departure? At 4:10am, it just seems odd to tell someone "good night". Like, what's the point, it's almost morning. But if you say "good morning", it feels like... morning, but dark. But you know what's funnier is I'm actually talking to people this time of...night. Or is it morning?

Let's just call it the wee hours.

I'm a bit drifty right now, and I love it. I wish it was foggy outside, and cool. It was grey all day yesterday and I'd like a repeat if possible; no rain, just good and cloudy. The neighbors are up already; I can see the trucklights thru my bedroom window behind me. (I can see stuff behind me now? What's goin' on?) I know that sunrise is coming, but I'd sure love a few more hours of darkness. Not even necessarily to sleep, but just because I know the day won't start without it. I don't look forward to new days like I used to...

It's 4:17 now. 'Early as it is, I'm listening to this beat my homeboy did some years ago; it's still as dope now as it was then. I've been playing it all night long and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I wish you could hear it; a wah-wah guitar, occasion strings and synths, soft-punchin' kick, snare with a slight decay, a light brush, and this subtle bubble noise in the background keepin' time. It feels like I'm floating face-up on the slow waves of a melodic current. (I like the sound of that.)

I'm eagerly anticipating riding the flow with some fresh-baked lyrics suited especially for this mood. But, as sexy as this beat is, she's not what's keepin' me up tonight. My body's outta whack; it's still thinkin' I work the graveyard shift. Plus, I've got so much on my mind that I can't relax like I want to. It feels like anticipation for a big party. The problem is, it's a surprise party: I don't know when it's gonna jump off or who's gonna spark it. Don't get me wrong though, it's not that type of party; when I say party, I mean party in the "my life could fall apart again at any minute" sense. And I've got a pretty good idea who's gonna help make that happen. But at 4:27am who cares?

...Not even me, and that's dope.

Come what may, I wanna be ready for it, so I'd better kill this chat and get some rest. Or at least do some praying. Or somethin'...

4:47 already? That took entirely too long. B-\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions