Monday, February 26, 2007

You Can Do It All By Yourself...

...Ha, made you look. You a slave to a page off my Facebook.

Real talk, stop and think about sumn right quick: since when could you NOT dance all by yourself? I'm sorry, dat's some preschool sh!t. Yah cats spend ya'll's bottom dollar on ANYTHING, cross my achy breaky heart.

I'm listening to one of the most dopest, most fiya-hot beats ever made... get raped. I lost count of the infinite number of tracks just like it: a great producer (or a sorry producer biting some good, old school music--- btw, "sampling" and "biting" are not the same; later date---) and a rapper/singer with a dope style and the weakest lyrics ever illiterated. Yes, I just made that word up... I did it all by myself.

Okay, it was one thing when I was in school and nobody was trying to elevate; I thought it was just a phase and when these fools grew up, they'd grow out of it. Hell no. They didn't grow up, they just dropped the standard... down low, down low, down low, down low. (Down low...? Are these fools gay? It's alright, you can tell me...)


Ludacris won the Grammy the other day... over Lupe Fiasco. Don't get me wrong, I actually dig Luda's style and delivery; he's a capable MC. But I take it Grammys aren't handed out for the best lyrical content or the most creativity or album consistency and longevity. Maybe it's just record sales, huh? In that case then, I'm not gonna get mad at Luda; I'm gonna get pissed with you for neglecting to show love to one of the greatest lyricists of our time in Lupe.

Ohhhhh, you probably don't know how dope a lyricist Lupe is... cuz you probably, don't e'em much understand the sh!t he says; it goes over ya head. What are you in school for again? Ahhhh... to get paid better, that's right. Why don't you pick up an education along the way...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know some of you just listen to music because "the beat sounds good" and "I don't wanna hafta think about it" and "I like to dance" and "it's just entertainment". But I promise, you same cats talk about how great Malcolm and Martin and W.E.B. and Booker T. and Rosa and Maya and all these Black heroes are. How do you think THEY'D feel about what we've been reduced to? When our entertainment is to watch these entertainment industry "products" (I'm sorry, these cats don't qualify as "artists" cuz there's no art to what they do but marketing and promotion; f#ck talent...) make light of the death, depravity, promiscuity, drugs, and all the other sh!t that our heroes fought to keep all of us out of. Ya lookin' straight TWO-FACED to me in this piece.

But who am I, right? Who am I to bust shots at this culture we're livin' in? Like I'm not still bumpin' this track myself because the beat's so ill. lol... Nigga please, don't worry bout me...

I can do it all by myself too B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions