Thursday, May 24, 2007

Attractive Silence

Okay, I've had enough of this; it never fails! Every semester, I take classes, and in most of those classes there's that one girl...

She's the most beautiful girl in the class; the one that I notice most instantly, (as there are usually several others that I pick up on as the semester goes on). After I notice her, I'm filled with wonder: "What does somebody that beautiful sound like? What if she has brains to go with all her beauty? That would be something..."

The semester goes and goes. I talk, the people around me talk, everybody in the class talks... except for THAT GIRL! It NEVER FAILS! It seems like there's some unspoken rule: if you are beautiful, you are not allowed to express yourself in a classroom setting.

I wish I could pull one of these beautiful women aside and just ask her one day:

"What is it that keeps you all so quiet! Is it shyness? I mean, could a drop-dead gorgeous woman really be insecure and shy? (<---actually, I know the answer to that, but I still can't believe it.) Or, is it that beautiful women lack passion and soul? Do they not feel anything? Are they just exquisite shells? Are they overly-involved with menial things? Do they not think of much outside of their daily routine? Are they only passers-by on campus, pursuing modeling careers and taking crank courses in things unrelated to obtain a piece of paper? Do beautiful women have exotic, alien voices or something? Do they speak a forbidden language that mere mortals can't discern? Are they afraid of getting laughed at? Or do they not understand the material of the courses? I mean, I know good and well not all beautiful people are ditzy in the head! Maybe some, but not all!

Or... are they afraid of seeming too inviting to somebody like me, who would hang on to their every word? ...Assuming they had something to say of course."


I wish you could understand; I'm SO curious. SUCH a curious person am I! See, I think like a movie director, I like to see how things go together to "complete the package". I like for a certain sound and a certain image and a certain concept to be in concert with one another for a desired effect, see? So, when I see a beautiful woman, that's just the visual part. Next, I need the sound of her voice to see how it complements the frame. And then, I need the depth of what she has to say to bring the masterpiece together. That's just me.

Or maybe... the complement to a beautiful woman is in her silence. I mean, sometimes everything is cool until words are spoken. "If you can't say something nice..." and such things. Maybe, sometimes, beauty is speechless; when a woman is so beautiful that there's nothing left to be said. Still... there can be no harm in a "hello", ya know? Or merely answering a question here and there in class, just to show us what you're packin' upstairs. I could care less if you give a wrong answer; college in general is a big, superficial wrong answer. We're just here to play the game, so why not get involved?

Let's Talk B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions