Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Poem for Lightwave

This is a poem I'm writing to a special ladyfriend of mine. Nah, she's not my girlfriend but, if things were different, I like to think she would be. Who knows what the future holds...

Anywasy, here 'goes. To my Lightwave:



My Light, you face the greatest unknown with me
In deepest wilderness, all alone with me

These two eyes that had lost all faith in their sight
Struck with your beauty, now recognize the light

New, lush greens in view; in the sweet rains we soak
As we dip and we float, in gentle waves we stroke

I was certain I was the one and only
Now, close to you, I am so far from lonely

In the light-grey morning mists we discover
At night, in darkness, wonder if I love her

Uncover secrets in desert sands shifty
Soon, they will find us; we move across quickly

Scrape through the thickets, then escape to the caves
Hear echoes of pursuit; it's time to be brave

My heart, once pierced by your love's single arrow
Becomes my strength that brings us through the peril

In the most blinding cold our feelings ignite
Atop the mountain's peak, we burn and take flight

B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions