Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Romantics Across the World

This is a distress signal: I need to know where my Romantics are across the globe right now; it's so quiet in this piece. Talk to me... Where are my people of passion? My dreamers... My visionaries... My humanites...

Where are my kids holding hands at the playground, believing in somethin' even grown folks seem to struggle with? Where are my Romeos and Juliets, choosing love in the face of utter destruction? Where are my elderly couples in the park, oblivious to age and impending separation as they commemorate a lasting love?

Where are my honored warriors, seeking to discover themselves in the face of rivalry and conflict? Where are my freedom fighters and liberators, coming selflessly to free us from all mental, physical, emotional oppresion? Where are my underdogs, promising to do the impossible just because somebody said it can't be done? Where are my phoenix spirits, broken and burned to ashes, but destined to rise agian?

Where are my explorers trekking into uncharted territory ? Where are my pioneers pushing the limits of human capacity? Where are my daredevils putting their lives on the table to let us mere mortals peer into invincibility?

Where are my unattainable Carmens dressed in red, dangling unsuspecting men by their hearts? Where are my Sades draped in feminine mystique? Where are my songbirds and sirens--- the voices that lulled me at night when I was a child? Where are my true diamonds: women of a demeanor that demands attention without a single word spoken?

Where are my prodigies, whose giftedness is evident from their innocence? Where are my geniuses, who remind us that the computer is nothing without the mind of man, but the mind of man was always something? Where are my logicians, who can make us believe that anything, the ultimates of truth, can be explained in a formula? Where are my innovators, who never fail to show us new facets of an old world and an old existence?

Where are my painters, who use a single moment in time to make us stop and recall how wonderful a world God created? Where are my musicians, who translate the abstract language of our hearts into melody and remind us how much we all have in common? Where are my poets, who turn words into pictures and use our very minds as their easels?


It's me peeps; I'm one of your kind. I hear young ladies have developed an immunity to love letters... What is this? I hear even little children can mean-mug wit the best of em... Huh? What?? I hear the fellas have a law against getting attached to same women they bend over backwards to sleep with... What's that??? Parents don't have enough love in 'em to want children; don't love the children they got... For real?? They made it illegal to have fun without drama, and the music comes a dime a dozen now...cuz it's cheap.

And in the midst of all this, where can I go? I got nowhere to go peeps. I can't drive to a cliff and enjoy the sunset or sumn, I'd prolly get arrested for going offroad in my vehicle. Heck, sometimes it's like cats can't stand the sight of me, I can see it in their eyes. But that's what it is playa; I am that cat. And it sucks more for me than for you.

So, this is a shout to all my Romantics left out there. It'd be nice to know ur still breathin' or sumn. Don't be scared of these folks around you; they're hollow and light like passing tumbleweeds. If there's soul in you, let it out. If there's nothing to let out, I understand.

Dedicated to My Humanites... B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions