Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No Competition

I dare anybody out there to try me in any martial-arts based fighting game at any time...

But before you do, I'd just like to say a few words about my No Competition policy. At some point, somebody asked me if I was a competitive person. The answer? No, I'm not. Because there's no competition.

In your mind, you're saying, "Oh, he thinks he's all that, huh?" No, I don't. Lemme explain. When I say "No Competition", I simply mean this: I don't come into anything to disprove anybody. I do my own thing, and that's that. I don't ask for contention; I don't ask for hate; I don't ask for debate; I don't ask for critique. I am my own biggest critic and my own biggest challenge.

So when I say "No Competition", it's like at the playground. You know how kids might be playing dodge ball, and you just happen to need to cross near the game? And you raise your hand up to say, "I'm not playing", but a kid decides to hit you anyway? What do you do? You smash that cat's face in with the ball. Why? Because you told him you weren't playing, and he thought he could force you to play. So you make him regret it and never ask to play you again.

That's how I am; I really am not a competitive person. Ask my best friend, we've been neck-and-neck all our lives, but we've never tried to outdo each other; I respect who he is and what he does, he respect who I am and what I do. Yeah, there have been times when he might have done something that I wished I had done; I responded by congratulating him and pushing him to keep going. Don't know if he's ever felt the same, but if he has, he hasn't contested me about it; he's always supported me in everything I've ever done as well.

But here's the thing about me; if by some twist of fate I find myself sucked into competition, I feel I hafta make a statement. Why? Because as long as I don't make a statement, the competition won't stop. So, once competition is on, I go at it with unnatural rudeness. Why? Because people only compete when they feel they can win; take away that possibility and they lose their appetite.

It's kinda like when the bully at school pushes you and you haven't done anything to provoke him but be yourself; 'you knock that bama out with extra emphasis and I guarantee he won't touch you again. That's not competition that's establishing yourself.

And for me, establishing myself has always been difficult. So, when the opportunity comes up, and somebody challenges me to virtually anything, I subconsciously HAVE TO win. Not so much to put the other person down, but moreso to keep myself established. It doesn't take much for me to doubt myself, so any victory I win I want to be undisputed.

SO, if I've ever beaten the brakes off of you in a fighting game, now you know why. It was nothing personal, but I can't have anybody threatening me at anything that I claim ownership of. I don't have many things in life that I dominate like fighting games, so I hope ya'll understand. And remember, if I beat you, that probably means you challenged me. And the law clearly states that there is "No Competition"; violators will be obliterated in an unreasonable and inhuman fashion with 85%-95% of the round's time left over.

I Withdraw My Challenge B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions