Monday, March 19, 2007

Arrogant Maturity

Yo... I'mmmm sleepy as carbon monoxide and soft music in an airtight garage kid. But it's cool, I'm not wastin the gas to leave campus early tonight.

Arrighty, the funny thing about this writing gig is, the more I write, the more I find out about myself, good and bad. This is a bad. Not terrible, but it's gonna sound arrogant when I say it. Because... it kinda is arrogant.

I'm not gonna take ya'll back AGAIN and tell you how I used to get picked on and all. Fast forward: after while, I realized that I was simply a mature young man and there were a lot of immature people around me who thought they could use me for entertainment.

No biggie.

And you already know that I kinda got withdrawn as a result of that. I mean really, nobody likes to be shot to pieces constantly, it's just not fun.

But here's what I just realized the other day: times done changed. See, I got soooo withdrawn, that even today it still feels like I'm dealing with the same kids. And, even though there's still plenty of immature kidz on a college campus, it's not everybody.

See, I avoided a lot of people just because of past experiences; it was like I still had that "maturity displacement". But the truth is, I'm not so overly-mature anymore; a lot of these cats actually grew up. And that's cool.

A lot of reason I wouldn't do things like talk to girls much is because I remember the immature girls who didn't have the class to conduct themselves in a womanly manner about it, ya dig? But I found out today, there's actual women on the campus who are nothing like those girls I dealt with in the past. Big shout to the young lady who let a brotha down easy today; I took a risk, and you made it worthwhile. Just in being polite about the situation, you have no idea how much that meant to me.

SO... even though there's still plenty of small-minded people in my circle, I also realize it's not everybody, and it may not even be the majority. And that's cool. I'm no longer the one face in the crowd with some sense, and it's time for me to stop expecting the worst from everybody.

And That's One to Grow On B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions