Monday, July 09, 2007

How to Tell if Your World is Upside Down...

Actually, I've spent a lot of time upside down recently; it's a new exercise, don't ask...

From all this time being upside-down, I've gained a new perspective on things. And now, I can tell if my world is upside-down or not. When I'm right-side up, that is.

First thing I can tell you about being upside-down: your head instantly feels like it's gonna explode. Next, you feel like you could fall over any moment. Then, you can't understand how you were ever able to walk; you start having a deep respect for some of the simplest stuff. In the midst of all the (blood) pressure, you hafta force yourself to focus as if everything feels fine. You're disoriented so you close your eyes, since they're not gonna help you much anyway. And even though you've never had to use that much strength before, you take a shot at lifting yourself, at first to no avail, but slowly to something productive. And, when you're feeling at your best and getting used to the position... that's when you fall over.

If you feel like that most of the time, as I do, then your world is probably upside-down too. I'm not gonna tell you how to handle that situation though: I prefer to reorient myself, but perhaps you prefer to fall over. Heck, sometimes it's really out of your hands to make the choice; you never know how strong gravity is until you hafta work against it, trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions