Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Don't Mind

My face is clay cracked in the sun
My breath is pressurized air exhausted
My teeth are the canines of the caverns
My eyes are the sugars of boyhood
My arms are damp spring branches
My chest is the truth stretched
My heart burns burgandy red and navy blue
My back is a campaign to the masses
My blood is the potion of all generations

I no longer howl at the moon
People are trying to sleep
I walk and speed the earth's rotation
Mourning

I rest on a bed of nails soundly
Protected from some predators by greater predators
I move slowly dragging my weapons behind
I don't mind

I wake to the privilege of darkness
Surrounded by the blind in their confusion
I stand alone to break the awkward silence
A statement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions