Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Love Triangle

The concept of "Love and Life" has been on my mind recently; I don't buy that "Love is Life" cliche. I mean yes, if you do the transitive math: God=Light as Light=Life as God=Love so Love=Life. But the reason I don't buy "Love is Life" is because true love requires self-sacrifice. So it's just as much about dying as living; in essence, love is only PART of life.

But that's the part I'm gonna start with. (I know your heads must be spinning right now; that was FUN!)

I came to a conclusion today: love is not life... BUT, you haven't lived until you have loved. Love is a thrill; it adds something to life that no quality of living could ever replace. And it's not just the love between a boy and a girl, but love for all people. Love between family members, love for strangers, love between friends, loving our enemies. All of it makes life worth living.

It's no wonder I felt so alive when I was young and my family was so close; that has changed over the years, and I can feel a lot of the liveliness missing from life. At the same time, I've continued to live on; I've made new friends and held on to old ones, for the simple fact that there's love there.

But sometimes it's not so cool; while I'm willing to sacrifice for many-to-any of my friends, I don't always think the feeling is mutual. So, the missing element of "death" prevents the love from being all that it should be. Conversely, sacrifice comes naturally for family; it's the living part that we struggling with.

That's so strange now that I think about it: people who won't live with love will die for it; people who won't die for love will live with it. The most essential relationship is the love that makes us willing to die; yet, the common association is that "love is life".

"He who shall save his life shall lose it; and he that shall lose his life shall save it." Sumn like that; I trip on scripture.

Life consists of love; love consists of sacrificing one's life; willingness to sacrifice our selfhood ushers us into true life. It's a strange triangle of Life, Love, and Death.




All of this came about from me listening to Jamie Foxx and some lady singing their rendition of "Very Special" on the teevee this morining. I think that means I need therapy sumn awful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions