Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Talk To Myself

Yup, I do it. You can call me crazy, but there's a reasonable explanation: I'm so funky that sometimes I get beside myself, and I'm just SO easy to talk to!

Nah, I'm just miffin witcha. U gotta understand, I live in a house pretty much by maself; lil sis is off in college in NC. So, I find myself having debates with myself. Why? I mean, it's no big deal really; I have debates in my own head constantly. That's how I stay on my toes; it's hard to argue against somebody that already knows your perspective better than you do. And now that I'm in a house by myself, I just find it's more fun to make a spectacle of the debate than to just think it through.

I also talk as I do things often. A guy actually told me on the court one time a few years ago, "When you talk as you play, you seem to play a hell of a lot better for some reason." I think he was right, lol. I think the talking actually makes it easier for me to focus on the task at hand instead of the factors surrounding it. For instance, if I miss a shot and keep silent, I think about that missed shot; if I miss a shot but talk my way out of it, I forget about it and devote more concentration to my next shot. Thus, it has a better chance of going in. And anybody that really knows me knows that I get VERY vocal on defense; you would think blocking shots was karate around me, lol.

I talk when I play video games. It's just more fun to interact with the game and the other players than to just be silent. If I get quiet during a game, that either means that I'm bored or that I'm concentrating waaaaaaay too hard. (Actually, I do a lot of weird stuff when I play video games. Once I was playing a space game and, while flying a fighter ship ,I found myself cocking my head to the side to keep my orientation, lol)

I talk to myself when I listen to certain music, especially old school music. Soulful music makes me reflect on my own life, as well as relate to the life of the singer or the story being told. When I hear Luther Vandross's "Here and Now", I always say to myself, "I'm gonna get married to this song." Sometimes I listen to Eugene Wilde's "Gotta Get You Home" and I imagine the things I would say while dancing to this song with my significant other. And songs like "Diary" by Alicia Keys and "Don't Ask My Neighbors" by The Emotions really strike a chord with me, and every now and then I vocalize that chord.

When I pray, I often talk to God aloud; I'm home alone, nobody'll mind too much. And I find it helps me to be really honest in my prayers, because it puts my rampant thoughts into their normal, daily forms.

One of my sociology professors today declared that, "Talking to oneself does not make one crazy; we think and discuss within ourselves constantly." Of course I agree. What puzzles me more is that people haven't figured it out yet: it's not the fact that you talk to yourself that makes you a candidate for crazy, but what comes out of your mouth that makes you a candidate for crazy.

On that note, did anybody actually watch the State of the Union Address last night?


OWN3D B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions