Monday, April 23, 2007

Mack's Stroll

If you've got the time, let me rap to you
Or not; it's totally up to you
I'll continue

When you first saw me, what did you discover?
I'm sorry; didn't mean to blow your cover...
Let me start over

My name is Matthew; it was the name given me
By the one who delivered me
But that's no mystery

So why is it so important, what I show and tell?
Formal introduction; still you don't know me well
Get to know me better, what's inside this shell

I'm no stranger, meaning we have much in common
For instance: A-men or Amen?
...A virtuous woman

And I'm sure you seek a man, not a womb
A man who won't bring woe and gloom
'Cause we both know life can be a tomb

I'm asking for a lot, so I gamble and approach
Not as another player, not even a coach...
I won't transform at midnight when you need me the most

You don't hafta take my hand, just take my heart
I can't find any peace while it's falling apart
But your beauty, to my mind, is a healing art

I'm your harp; in your hands I can't control myself
The sounds of my soul are written to your clef
Make me right until there's nothing left...



DavDee, you need to stop givin me ideas Brotha. Big-Ups for that Willie Hutch... B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions