Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Greater Augusta Productions Sampler

Jigabod - Romancexpress: "3 Sec.", "Recess"
Battlecataclysmic - Gargoyle: "Sign Me", "Fictitious", "Watch My Mouth"
Greater Augusta Productions - Instrumental: "Kinetics", "Set It Off to Rain (Don't Get Wet)" featuring David "DAVDEE" Walker

So... at this point you've probably heard me mention my musical aspirations several times, right? But, I'm sure plenty of you doubt the validity of what I've been saying. Well, I don't blame ya; it has been a very long time... and I haven't given you any previews! So above you'll find a sampler for your listening pleasure; a few tracks from each project under construction.

While I'm at it, why not give a little history eh?...

...In the beginning(lol), there was only Battlecataclysmic. My sole purpose was to make music that attacked society's injustices and inconsistencies. My biggest influence was the Dungeon Family of Atlanta, and I used to say that I was "born in 1995" because that was the time that Goodie Mob's "Soul Food" album came out, followed by OutKast's "ATLiens"; those two albums really woke me up and changed my perspective on society.

Now, I'm trying to pass down the knowledge to another generation with my album, "Gargoyle". It's called "Gargoyle" because it's not an attractive album; it's an ugly picture of the world in which we live. No bling, no frontin', no superficialiaty, just real talk. Not only that, but it's a perspective from above the strife, like that of a gargoyle atop a church. And on that note, the words I spit have Christian undertones, just as the church sits beneath a gargoyle.


Jigabod came in as I was harboring all this anger and activist intent; you see, I had pushed my own personality and humanity into the background. But eventually, it reemerged and the Jig was born. If Battlecataclysmic was born in 1995, then Jigabod was born in the 80's; he's an "80's child" that wants to see people dream again like they did back then. He's a romantic, meaning a person that's all about expression, and his music embodies a lot of "impractical" ideas that our society moves too fast to enjoy anymore: passion, virtue, altruism, fun, love, wisdom, piety, family, joy, hopes, and dreams. At the core of it there are a lot of Christian undertones and old school philosophies, and in that Jigabod and Battlecataclysmic share something.

Currently, the "Romancexpress" album is in the works, but a second album, "Apology", that may take precedence and debut ahead of it.


Finally, there's Greater Augusta Productions. Greater Augusta Productions is composed of me (as Jigabod) and my homeboy for over a decade, Swim. We came into being out of necessity; we both were into music, but couldn't afford the studio time. And we didn't want to get signed because we refuse to change our style to suit the industry. So we became an independent production group with its own style and its own sound. We work together like a maestro and a composer; I've developed an ear for producing and Swim has the musical expertise from years of experience. Separately, we can each hold our own; together we're four times stronger.

Besides each other, there's other cats we collaborate with as well, locally and abroad (shout to Skywalker) . Right now we're working on the album "Instrumental" which is a collection of instrumental joints from all genres of music; we don't limit our sound to genres, only to making good music.


Greater Augusta is also responsible for the production on Romancexpress and Gargoyle. Enjoy the sampler, drop some feedback, tell ya peeps about us.

B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions