Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's the Fact that You Only Live Once...

...that makes me want to get the most out of it. That's all. But I said I'm here to do the Lord's will and not my own, so I realize everything's not always gonna go my way. If even some of the things in my life go the way I really want, it's not a right but a privilege.

They say there's no hurt that Heaven can't heal, no sorrow that Heaven can't compensate for. Well... I'm banking on that. Whatever I forfeit in this life, may there be a compensation, a sense of closure, somewhere between here and there.

I have yet to really experience what it's like to be on top of things; perhaps it's a feeling not everyone will experience. But perhaps it's a feeling I can do without, eh? I'm 23 years old, living a relatively healthy, relatively happy life. That's a lot more than a lot of people can say. So what if a pleasure escapes me here or there...

Be careful what you hope for, people out there. Hope is a beautiful thing, but only when it's placed in the right place. Hope is an investment, and when the returns are sour, make sure you haven't invested it all, just so you have something left over.

Perhaps my words are a bit premature though; I'm not dead yet after all. And the thing about hope: hope springs eternal. So, as long as I'm here, there's hope I may come away with the win. It's just my know-it-all mind is tempered to try and peek into my immediate future... just to make sure I'm prepared, ya know? And usually, my predictions come to pass. By the way, that's nothing to brag about.

I would say more about what brings about this sad train of thought, but it's not worth it. I got somethin I gotta do; I don't like it, but it can't be left alone to fester. The faster I get it over with, the better. It's a catch-22 situation, but there is a bright side to it: after I've gone through with it, everybody will hafta leave me alone, and that's always a plus.

I don't have any expectations; I just hope. Hope in God's Word and nothing else.

B-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions